Kathak, a traditional dance structure established in the social embroidery of India, has traced resonance in Australia. With its complicated footwork, expressive gestures, and rhythmic beats, Kathak has risen above boundaries. This article dives into the universe of Kathak dance in Australia, exploring its development, influence, and the Kathak Artists who have revived this Art form.
Australia is home to various notable Kathak Artists who have made significant contributions to the advancement of this artistic expression. The outcome of Kathak dance in Australia might be ascribed to a great extent to the devotion, imagination, and determination of its Kathakas to maintain the traditional nuances of the dance.
Here are the Prominent Kathak Dance Schools in Australia
- Sanchita Abrol Dance Creations: Sanchita Abrol, Trained under Padma Shri Guru Shovana Narayan and other distinguished mentors. The Kathak Institution has its root in Nunawading, Australia.
- Swastik Institute of Dance: Swastik Institute of Dance located in Sydney Australia, was founded by accomplished dancer Sumati Nagpal. The Kathak Dance School in Australia has been rooted in this field for a decade.
- Manmohini Indian Dance School: Mohini Joshi Bordawekar, received training under Guru Smt. Amala Shekhar at Pandita Rohini Bhate’s ‘Nrityabharati Kathak dance academy, Pune. Mohini Joshi founded Kathak dance school in Melbourne, Australia after migrating from India.
- Kathak By Neha: Learn Kathak online in Australia by the highly recognized exponent of the Jaipur Gharana in Kathak. Ms. Neha has experience with over 15 years in the field of Kathak. She received training under Smt. Swati Sinha and Pt. Divyang Vakil.
- Nritya Bharati School of Kathak Dance: Nritya Bharati School is a Brisbane-based Kathak school in Australia run by Namita Debroy. Namita Debroy has taken her training under Pt. Bihari Lal Sing and Dr. Umashankar Chakraborty of Lucknow Gharana.
- Ghungroo School of Dance: Kathak dance school in Wheelers Hill, Australia is founded by Smt Sumona Bhattacharya who possesses the vast knowledge of Kathak.
- Tatkaar Kathak Institute in Melbourne is a growing Kathak dance school in Australia that offers classes for all levels. They also have a strong focus on traditional Kathak technique.
The Kathak dance in Australia is nurtured by the dedication of talented educators who are enthusiastic about sharing this wonderful work of art. These committed Kathak educators, contribute essentially to the development and advancement of the Kathak dance. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced artist, their direction and skill can assist you in the journey of Kathak.
P.S.: As the Author of this article, I might want to stretch out my appreciation to the referenced Kathak organizations for their priceless commitments to protecting and advancing the rich social legacy of Kathak dance in Australia. Assuming there are any updates or corrections required, Please feel free to reach out. It’s amazing to observe the commitment and passion of these Academies and their teachers in supporting Kathak Dance in Australia. Let’s continue to support and celebrate their efforts in sharing the timeless beauty of Kathak with enthusiasts and learners alike.
About the Author: – Neha Khunteta
She is one of the best Kathak Trainers in Jaipur and has been associated with it for more than 10 years and the founder of Kathak By Neha the best Kathak dance academy in Jaipur.
Hope this blog helps you in some other way; feel free to contact us on
email: email@example.com or contact: +91-8619116616